There's a Spanish topic, here is the English one

Nico

• Waffou
  • I'm an IBF Fada and you ?
There's a Spanish topic, here is the English one
« le 25 Juillet 2006 à 09:57 »Modifié le 27 Juillet 2006 à 14:40 par KiaN
Google translation is your friend in this thread :mrgreen:

Well, I am sure that the japanese people will open a japanese topic !  :yes:

• Une personne qui n'a jamais commis d'erreurs n'a jamais tenté d'innover. - Albert Einstein

• La terre n'est pas un don de nos parents, ce sont nos enfants qui nous la prêtent...

tinou

• Waffou
"Honey badger don't care"

Nico

• Waffou

• Une personne qui n'a jamais commis d'erreurs n'a jamais tenté d'innover. - Albert Einstein

• La terre n'est pas un don de nos parents, ce sont nos enfants qui nous la prêtent...

tinou

• Waffou

Hiei-

• Waffou

Flavien

• Modos
  • Un bon temps pour un bombardement
" En France, les peines d'argent durent plus longtemps que les peines
de coeur et se transmettent de génération en génération. "

( Silhouette du scandale )
Aymé, Marcel

Nico

• Waffou

FinalBahamut

• Troll n' roll, go go go ^_^
  • Waffou

... et Omni me fit pourvoyeur en anus fruités :classe:

Nico

• Waffou

tinou

• Waffou
Re: There is a Spanish topic, here is the English one
« Réponse #9, le 27 Juillet 2006 à 10:01 »
Ok... Let's have a first debate about the way we like English...

I met this guy today who is from Trinidad Tobago, which is by the way pretty hard to say in Japanese, and they were doing business in Japan selling customized cars. Anyway, their accent was indeed quite close to caribbean English, which is another way to say not very different from southern US English. I am not very used to UK English rough accent from suburban areas, or Scotland, yet. Neither to the way people from Cali usually speaks. I met this Australian guy who is working at our partner office in Nagoya... It's quite fun to hear him speaking! Not to say about India...

Today looks like To die in Australia... Commonwealth sucks.  :harhar:

Megara

• Deceptigeekette. Et Spectre.
  • Modos
  • Appelez-moi Meg' ... ou Syl' ^^
« Réponse #10, le 27 Juillet 2006 à 10:28 »
Citation de tinou le 27 Juillet 2006 à 10:01
Ok... Let's have a first debate about the way we like English...
I quite love the british accent (not the cokney, which is very difficult to understand) but the Sean Connerey's like English. I find it very distinguished.

Regarding the American English, I think it depends from where your interlocutor comes from. I went to New-York three years ago, and found that people of the Big Apple was rather easy to understand. I guess the result is not the same when you are in Texas or in the Middle West.

Australian English... Mama mia, I don't understand the slightest what Australian say when they speak. The accent is really strong. I still remember when I was in Internship at Senshu University. There were two Australian students, and I've never been able to get what they told me...

Japanese English... Let just say it's not easy to understand.
Pourquoi faire simple, alors qu'on peut faire compliqué ?

Urumi

• Monomaniaque
  • Waffou
  • HD-ready
« Réponse #11, le 27 Juillet 2006 à 10:37 »
Citation de Megara le 27 Juillet 2006 à 10:28
I quite love the british accent (not the cokney, which is very difficult to understand) but the Sean Connerey's like English. I find it very distinguished.
I agree completely  :). I think it's not so easy to understand when you're not used to it, but it's so lovely  :wub:
Concerning Australian English, the only thing I've ever heard from there was an episod of Heartbreaks High on TV and I didn't understand a thing  :mdr:.

Kianouch

• Admin
« Réponse #12, le 27 Juillet 2006 à 10:59 »
British accent is good for you, while, americans have a shitty accent and australians have a quite harsh accent. In the US, people tend to have various accents, and one of the worst is from southen US ... Texas for example. They always seem to eat letters out of words, and speak as if they were chewing gum all the time. I hate that :sleeping:

tinou : Commonwealth is quite far away for us in UE, we just dont give a shit about it ^^

Kamen

• Waffou
  • What lies behind the mask...
« Réponse #13, le 27 Juillet 2006 à 14:20 »
Don't talk rubbish, my dear Kian! Well, I've been told (by someone veryyyyyyy close to me :yes:) that I have an English accent, which quite surprised me, and pleased me as well. :wub: About american accent, it depends on the province of origin of your interlocutor. Texan English, for example, is to American English what Dutch is to German : a twisted abomination. On the other side, American English from the Midwest is quite okay... Of course, I prefer the coastal areas, they speak more distinctively, but anyway, it's just a question of getting used to it. You can also meet people from other countries who happened to learn English with an American accent, and it is suprisingly easy to understand. :wub:

Australian english... They have specific words, especially when it comes to slang. It's hilarious when you can get it, otherwise... (e.g. : "technicolor yawn" for "puke"). Neo-Zealand accent is really really nice. I mean, it's quite distinguished and alien enough to attract your hear and make you wonder who is speaking.

The most difficult accents to get, so far (and excluding Texan, this unholy variant), are Indian English (accent is terrrrrrible) and Engrish (or Japanese English. They twist the prononciation so badly!)
永遠に、あなたのモノ・・・

Ayou

• Waffou
« Réponse #14, le 27 Juillet 2006 à 14:26 »
The english in Singapore is a mix between english + chinese + malaysian. It's called singlish. I've needed one month to really well understand what my supervisor could tell me... It's one of the worst accent I've ever heard.
For example, "three" overthere is tliii. You need lots of concentration in the beginning and after a bit, you're used to it and the good accent in english is hard to understand :mdr: